Recycling is not a new concept and as per archaeological evidences, ancient people used to recycle waste materials, during periods when resources were scarce. It is said that the history of recycling can be traced back to the ancient Greeks of 400 B.C. Before the advent of industrialization, the people of Europe used to melt down scrap metal, for reuse. Even the ash from wood and coal, was used as a raw material for brick making at that time.
Apart from cutting down the amount of trash, recycling is also good for preventing environmental pollution to some extent. Besides that, recycling is also associated with some financial benefits. Now, recycling is one of the prevalent concepts and is also mandatory in certain regions. Personally, you can also contribute to these efforts and help to cut down the large amounts of trash being dumped in landfills. You may also make some money through recycling.
Making Money From Recycling Paper
Paper recycling is linked to the environment in various ways. We all know that paper is among the commonly used products, across the globe and almost 90% of the pulp required for making paper is made from wood. Recycling paper saves the trees that are felled for this purpose. Another factor is that paper forms a major part of the trash dumped in landfills. Such recycling reduces the amount of paper discarded as waste.
Studies show that more than 35% of the municipal waste consists of paper as well as paper products. According to statistics, manufacture of virgin paper involves air and water pollution, that can be cut down to more than half, with recycling. Even the cost of recycling paper is lesser than that of making virgin paper. If you are interested, you can save the environment and make some money through paper recycling.
- Recycling waste paper can fetch you money. All you have to do is to collect these papers and sell them in a recycle center that pays you well.
- Before starting with the task, it will be better to gain a basic understanding about the prevailing rates for different types of waste paper and paper products. Make a list of those recycling centers that accept paper and paper products. Then compare the rates offered by them, before choosing the best one. You must also know about the types of paper and paper products accepted by these centers.
- Apart from saving the waste paper and paper products in your house, you may also collect them from the nearby houses, schools and offices. There will be many who will be happy to discard the waste paper, rather than carrying them to the recycling center, all on their own.
- Grocery stores are ideal for collecting heavy cartons made of cardboard. Even retail stores in the locality may prove useful for you, if they are ready to part with such cartons and other waste paper products.
- Another strategy that can be applied to enhance your returns, is to collect and store waste paper and sell them when the rates are high. You must find a clean, dry place for storing paper. You must also have a scale to weigh the paper and cash books have to be maintained.
- If you are interested, you may employ some people for collecting such waste paper for recycling. You may be required to pay some amount to them, for such service. You may distribute pamphlets about your paper recycling service, along with your address and phone number, to the nearby regions too.
- It has been noticed that some people pay a nominal amount to their customers, appreciating their efforts to collect the waste paper. This may prove useful in increasing your collection of waste paper.
So, if you are interested in making some money through this way, contact people in your locality and make a list of prospective suppliers. Visit the paper recycling areas in the locality and choose the one that pays you the best. Now, start with collecting, storing and selling paper for recycling. Once you get established, you may expand your business and increase the income from paper recycling.