Global warming has affected our planet to a great extent and the energy sources are declining day by day. To overcome this situation we need to switch to eco-friendly energy sources, which should be a safer and renewable source of energy. Solar energy is one of the best options which can help us to save our planet. Solar energy is the energy produced by the sun. This energy is stored in the solar panel and is converted into electrical energy for various uses. But the installation of solar panels is an expensive affair. So, tips on DIY solar panels for home use, will help you to install solar panels at your home in minimum amount.
If you will get your solar panel installation done from a professional, he will charge you around $20,000 to $30,000. In such cases, a common man may start thinking are solar panels worth it? So, let me tell you one thing, if you do the same job with the same quality product, then your cost can be reduced to $400 to $600. The DIY solar panels is not so difficult, you just need to know what to do and how to do. There are many solar panel kit companies in the market which promises to bring the price down to $200. I don't think it's an expensive deal. But before starting the work you need to consider few factors.
Factors Involved in Setting up Solar Panels
- The most important factor is how big is your house. If you want the solar panel to be enough to light up your entire house then the solar panel cost will depend upon the size of your house. If you just want to use the solar energy for some systems at your home then its cost will depend on it and so on.
- How much sunlight comes at your place. If your house is at the right place where it can get sunlight all the time then solar panel will be of great use but if the sunlight comes only for 1 hour or for a few days then it will be just a wastage of money.
- The third point is which technology cells you are going to use. As the technology is improving day by day you need to be updated with the technology and should use the latest one.
If you are thinking about homemade solar panels you might need a whole lot of things. So to save time and to start-up with the work, you just have to go to the market and get a solar panel kit. The solar panel kit will include everything like roof trac, solar cells and an electric inverter. This electric inverter is used to convert DC to AC power. You will also require a battery which will store the energy produced. You may select the kit according to your usage. If you will go to buy all the parts differently it may consume a lot of time, so it's better to get a kit.
How to Make Solar Panels for Home Use
After getting the things required you need to start with the solar panel. Follow the steps given below to get the best solar panels for home use.
- The first thing to do is to find a right place for the solar panel. You have to fix this panel at the roof top as there you can get the maximum amount of sunlight. Then you need to check the direction of the sunrays or at which direction the sunlight will fall maximum on the solar cells.
- After deciding the direction you need to put the roof trac by drilling the roof and attaching the aluminum bar. This aluminum bar will hold the solar cells on it. You can put more bars as per your requirement. Fix the bars nicely by fixing the screws.
- Now it's time to fix the solar cells on the aluminum bar. After fixing all the cells on the bar, connect each and every cell with the help of a wire. See that all the cells are connected. Check for the voltage with the help of a voltmeter.
- Now fix the inverter and connect the storage battery. The rest of the work is a bit complex when it's time for you to connect it to the power grid. It is recommended that you call an electrician for further connection as even a small mistake of yours can be dangerous.
- Once you are done with the connections, you just need to wait for the cells to charge up and start the work.
Get the whole list of steps and procedure on how to build a solar panel through the booklet provided with the solar panel kit. You can also get DIY solar panel guide for the proper procedure available in the market. You can start with small solar machines like a solar water heater and then can go further with other major appliances. Enjoy the benefits of DIY solar panel, as it is cost-efficient, safe and eco-friendly.